Our actions are based on four action pillars:
1) Habitat Maintenance / Deforestation Prevention
- The 3S Program ensures zero deforestation in its origin by using lands that were already productive in January 2008. Also, it was not generated in:
- Lands of high biodiversity value, considered as primary forests and natural pastures or, in the absence of human intervention, are still considered as pastures;
- Lands with high carbon content, which are wetlands, areas with more than one hectare and with trees over five meters high;
- Areas designated for purposes of protection of nature or of rare or endangered species and indigenous areas.
2) Continuous improvement
3S has as one of its main goals to encourage the best practices and continuous improvement concerning the welfare of the workers and good agricultural practices. We offer training and specific information on responsible production and other topics to our farmers, according to what is identified in the monitoring process.
3) Protect the welfare of rural workers
The cultivation and processing of the 3S product does not affect the workers’ rights.
3S farmers mandatorily comply with all federal and state laws governing work conditions and labor rights, particularly those relating to slave labor and child labor.
Farmers have support to continuously improve their health and safety practices, thus ensuring that their employees are properly trained, that risks are minimized and that they all have access to adequate safety equipment, medical care and, if appropriate, housing.
4) Management of greenhouse gas emissions
The measurement of greenhouse gases (GHG) is made in accordance with the EU’s Renewable Energy Directive (RED), which sets out how to make this calculation at every step of the production process.
We guarantee the supply of a product with a measurable carbon footprint that is lower than the required in any agreed reference parameter.
We invest heavily in the supply chain and the processing efficiency, in order to significantly reduce GHG emissions.